Sunday, July 29, 2012

We are so lucky to be women and those men are so lucky to know us.

"We are so lucky to be women and those men are so lucky to know us." 
Marianne Williamson from A Woman's Worth



Today these women sat around our kitchen table and ate cookies and made each other laugh and cry. I feel so grateful tonight to know these women and so many more smart, funny, beautiful, loving, exuberant, fun, nurturing and impressive women. As I look back on the grandmothers, aunts, teachers, bosses, co-workers, classmates, friends, acquaintances and random other women that have helped me along the way I feel proud to be part of this group. More so, I am so grateful that Lorelai will have strong women to watch and consult as she grows. I am also, in so many ways, grateful for the men that have brought us together and helped us learn about ourselves. And given us a lot of material for laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment